Monday, January 01, 2007

There is HOPE

2007 is looking up!

Ok.. we went to our favorite mexican place for dinner....

they had a d.j.

It was a ton of fun.

I danced a ton, either with my father, with Thara, or with PK...

Near midnight, I went out to catch some air an heard from Asha that she was not having fun... in fact, I was the problem that she was having...

Her chief problem was that I was dancing like a whore.

So there I am, dissed again by this kid. I go back in and start to cry. Everyone was very kind, pointing out that adolescents by definition are vicious creatures. It was nice? Yes. Did it make me feel better? No.

I know this is wrong, but I just want somebody to be so appalled by what she says to me, that they slap her. This will never happen. Everyone says that I should just suck it up and show some character. As if I am not Quasi-fucking-modo at this point. Sigh.

Shortly after 1 or so, I realized that I couldn't take it any more. I needed to go home. So I went to the bar to cash us out. As I was waiting, I noticed a guy standing there waiting for a drink. I looked over at him and smiled and wished him a Happy New Year. And for some reason, uncharacteristic of me, I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The kind that perfect strangers might give each on New Years Eve... but still it was unusual for me.

What happened then was even more unusual. The man looked at me, told me that I was beautiful and leaned over and kissed my lips, gently slipping his tongue into my mouth. Then he wished me a happy New Year and walked away. I payed our bill and we left. For me, 2007, was finally looking up.

When I woke up in the morning, I discovered a text message from Asha apologizing for her rudeness and disrespect.

I guess there is hope after all.

No comments: