Wednesday, March 14, 2007

HNT-53


I call this one, Naked Counter top...

I haven't talked about the house rehab in a while. It is coming along and it should be only a matter of weeks before we are finally out of this rental and back in our new old house. At this point we are concentrating on the finishes.

I had decided that I wanted soapstone for my counter top in the kitchen... I got talked out of it by the builder who insisted that I would be very unhappy. So I went to the warehouse to pick out slabs of granite. Many of the slabs had nice regular patterns.. things that would be consistent from location to location in the kitchen. A smart move I suppose.

But now that I am dealing with granite, I decided that I needed something that screamed METAMORPHISM!!!!

This is what I selected... it is Brazilian and called Golden Glow. I love the mica and quartz... now I just have to figure out what the yellow mineral is... sulfur? Cadmium? Copper? Chromium? I guess I will just have to let my geeky mind wander...

6 comments:

Natalia said...

HHNT. I love the non-people HNTs. I do them. I think they tell you a lot about stuff that matters to the people.

-N

Cindy said...

Oooh, that is pretty! Can't help you out on the yellow, but, how exciting, remodeling!

Happy HNT!

Hoochie Mama said...

Pretty!

Happy HNT!

BTExpress said...

Nice choice. Happy HNT!

tkkerouac said...

happy HNT!

S said...

HHNT I love projects, how fun!