Wednesday, February 28, 2007

HNT-51 Singing for my supper


We, at Chez Lushly, have neighborhood joints that we frequent. The kind of place where they know you favorite wine, what salad dressing you want and call you by your first name... You know.. like in the movies....

We were at that place last night.

The girls were sweet and conversational, an unusual event for both of them at their ages.. We had a nice bottle of wine... It was pleasant. For a bit anyway.

A couple walked in. Older. He was not wearing his age well and needed the help of his wife and a medical attendent. She might have been younger but not by much.. but she was working her look hard. Fine.. yeah we noticed their arrival and then promptly went back to our meal...

Until the strolling musicians came in. A while ago, they noticed that I was quietly singing along...and they have encouraged me to sing with them...

Well they came by and were getting ready to play for this couple when they noticed me nearby...asked me to sing along...

This pissed the woman off. And she started ranting and raving about me and how I was not offering them a $5.00 tip. (as an aside... We always give them more than that....) As she raved about me, and I felt the color rise in my face, I looked at my girls. Thara's face was in her hands and Asha? She went white with shock and embarassment. It seemed that it went on forever.

Eventually though it ended and the couple left the restaurant. Needless to saw our meal was ruined.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doll,
SOrry the meal was ruined? But anyway...nice lips...HHNT!

Rebecca said...

Oh my. What a bitch.

Lovely lips darling!

HHNT!

Cain said...

Well. I'd say, the evening wasn't a total loss...

(smile, and laugh...lovely lips!)

...HappyHNT! (cheers!)

xx,Cain.

Blissfully Wed said...

Beautiful.

HHNT!

AndyT13 said...

Pretty pic! HHNT!

Mike said...

I love the picture!

tkkerouac said...

Very nice lips!

anna said...

Some people are just so bitter in their own lives that they feel compelled to bring crap into the happy lives of others. I'm so sorry the meal was ruined.