Monday, May 16, 2005

Love

I was thinking of some people we saw at mini golf on Sunday... They were an older couple, probably in their sixties. I saw them as were teeing up. They were a couple of holes ahead of us. I assumed that their grandkids were running ahead of them. Which was exactly what my kids were trying to do. I would see them everyonce in a while but got busy dealing with each kiddie crisis that developed. And yes, you can have a mini golf crisis. The kids would go crazy if the other one would win her "favorite" hole. Combine that with the golf lessons that I was getting from Tiger hubby, it was a fun morning.

When we finally finished, we are heading down the stairs: disgruntled girls, over-excited hubby (he was the big winner) and me. I was trying to scurry the kids passed all the games that give out those ridiculous that can be turned in for cheap plastic toys. And then I see them. That couple. They were playing air hockey and laughing away. And I realized that they didn't have any grandkids with them. They were just there, hanging out and having fun together.

Made me wonder if hubby and I could be like that in 25 years. I somehow doubt that. He doesn't much like spending time with me now. He makes phone calls when I am talking to him. We can only do the things that he wants to do. That doesn't really lend itself to the happy ever after that I saw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »