Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HNT-108

Yeah, it has been one of those weeks.

I keep plugging away to get stuff down and just when I am not looking BAM!

Today I was washing dishes. Being really thorough. Cleaned out the dishwasher filter (because the girls never scrape of rinse their plates because they can't be bothered) and then ran a dishwasher cleaning product to melt away whatever hidden gunk still resided in the machine. Then I started reloading the dirty dishes and was scrubbing one of the bowls that didn't get cleaned... when it slipped out of my hand and broke. Naturally, my hand followed the shards and got cut.

It is a bendy place on the body so a weird place to put a bandaid... and a weird size for a regular bandaid about an inch long and the depth? Well, I could see the dermis and into the muscle, not deeply but deep enough. I spent quite a bit of time pinching the sides together... and by this photo, it was fine so long as I didn't move. I needed to immobilize the area. So This is how I fixed it up: Paper toweling and Pre-wrap.

For those of you have never been a or are the parentls of junior highschool girls or played volleyball or a gymnast, you have NO FUCKING IDEA what I am talking about. Pre-wrap is a thin foam athletic tape used to reinforce wrists and ankles. Mostly though girls use it for disposable headbands.

Finally! This crap has done some good.

(not that it stays put very long) ugh.

And why was I self-wrapping? Cuz nothing bad ever befalls me when PK is home. But if I need help... if I am sick or hurt you can absolutely guarantee he is out of town. Although the girls did go to Walgreens after school and get me a decent box of bandaird and an ace bandage to hold it in place. That is good news, right?

By the way? How long should I watch this thing ooze blood before I go to the hospital?

Yup. it has been a great week.

14 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

disposable headbands LOL

um.. you can always crazy glue the sucker shut.. i know sounds mental but it works

hope your booboo is better soon HHNT

Vixen said...

(((you))) Ouch!

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

Oh! Neat wrap job on the cut. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Average Chick said...

House work done can kill ya....Be careful!!

HHNT!

Ashly Star said...

Ouch! House work is the devil. ;) Hope it feels better soon.

Jennybean said...

Sorry about your ouchie!

High School wrestlers use that stuff to patch themselves back together too...

Hope your feeling better!

Baby said...

Ouch! Love the bandaging and hope it heals up quickly! Meanwhile, you taught me something! I had no clue there was a filter or anything of the sorts to clean in the dishwasher! LOL - maybe that's why mine went kaput a couple months ago... hehehehe.... HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Okay, ouch! That looks like it was terribly painful. Hope it mends quickly and that your week gets better in a hurry!

Mojo said...

Amazing how sharp that stuff can be isn't it?

Hope you heal up soon.

and Happy(er) HNT!

figleaf said...

Hey, that's actually a *great* job wrapping to immobilize the cut! Nice!

Happy HNT,

figleaf

p.s. the word verification "pothumba." Sympathy from all sorts of places, eh?

hello haha narf said...

ouch

Lapis Ruber said...

Hope it has stopped bleading by now! I know it's Friday already but Happy HNT anyway!

- said...

Ouchie! Hope its feelin way better ;)

Unknown said...

So good......