Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Therapy

I am getting so tired of first therapy sessions.

Where you have to lay out the problems as you seem them and listen to your snivling husband tell his version which is based in some distorted fantasy that he want the therapist to believe.

Apparently, I am excessively negative and down on myself. That is a theory.

Or I am completely realistic and see life as it comes at me...

Tomato/Tomahtoe

I don't have time to fuck around with the pussyfooting. I have established where my mind is in this relationship. I am here for maybe a decade. I have no sense that anything will improve. But I will go to the therapy to show that I will keep trying. But I guarantee you give up first. You always do. I have married to you for almost 20 years. TRUST me. I have some observational skills.

You quit when someone suggests you might have to change your behavior.
You quit when your schedule get busy
You quit when you get irritated for any reason.

If you make it to five sessions I will eat my hat! Or better yet. I will start my escape fund. Fuck this shit.

1 comment:

Poppy said...

PS - I very much approve of starting the escape fund, as long as you expect to get A LOT MORE out of him when you divorce.