Sunday, June 29, 2008

Feeling sorry for myself

I think that I have made sacrifices for my family. For my marriage. For my children.

I am getting to the point that I am frustrated that these choices have not been recognized as difficult or that they even happened.

So, here I am. Sitting with PK this weekend, with the girls at camp. He wants to play around... ok. That sounds like fun. But as I lay there I realize that he has no idea what pleases me in bed. He uses the same approach every time. 45 seconds of foreplay downstairs to get me to go up to bed. 90 seconds of kissing... and then one dry finger to my clit that he then rubs too hard. No matter how often I have said, make it wet. Make it wetter. Make it sloppy wet. He never remembers.

My body betrays me off course, I am so starved for any touch that I cum... and hard. So I guess I don't need anything more. Don't deserve the extra attention. But it makes me think of other times... other men... They didn't all care about me, per say. But it was worth it to them to try to please me. So I would try in return. A mutual exchange of the joy of being alive. Because we don't all have that.

Of course, I know how he likes it.

He wants to see my feet. And if they are dirty all the better. He wants me between his legs, kissing, licking and sucking him. Using my hands, mouth and tongue to please him and I do. Just the way he likes it. Even if the position is awkward. Because it makes him happy. 19 years of marriage and he doesn't even try to remember what I like.

And that is our relationship at this point.

We do things that he prefers as he prefers them. If we talk about exercise... well I can use his very expensive treadmill. I don't need anyone to help me move the shelves that keep me from getting my bike down. I can't even get it down without help. I don't need to swim in the sunshine. I can go to the YMCA with its second class ladies locker room. I don't need a kayak so I can explore the river to distract me while I am exercising.

I can do things his way.

We watch movies that he wants. Tv shows that he wants. When he wants them. If I mention that I want to see something... well I can. alone. I am his companion when he wants it. And if I want something else? I should just go take care of it myself. Alone. Always alone. Because I made vows to forsake all others. And he hasn't broken his vow as he knows that I have. And of course, that makes him morally superior to me.

So here we are this afternoon. He wants to go out again for margaritas. We just went on Thursday. I don't want to go again. and said so. I am getting the pout. It is part of my job to give him what he wants.

He can't even be bothered to save the information about the therapist we were referred to. He isn't interested in saving the marriage. It is just exactly the way he wants it. except that I won't go for margaritas this afternoon. Can I put the information in my desk. So the next time someone goes scavaging through the desk looking for something that doesn't belong to them they can toss it back onto the dining room table and become MY clutter.

Not ours.

My problem.

Fluttering around like a charred ash...a reminder of the destruction that continues.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of relationships are like yours. I hope your relationship with your husband and family gets better. Perhaps a solution or some form of salvation will come your way soon. Your agony makes me examine my relationship with my wife and family. I guess the saying of why can't we all be happy makes us wonder why it isn't so for all of us.

Anonymous said...

I always cared...I always wanted to make you happy...I always wanted you to know that I loved you...Actions louder than words...I wish you could have seen that...I wish alot of things...Big Sigh

Anonymous said...

I know what you said about your actions. You also said that you were "All In" and needed me to be too... and that is my problem since I need to be "All In" here with the girls which means him.

You have no idea how much I miss you. and how hard it is... but I see the girls progressing in ways that they weren't before. They were getting mixed up in our drama. And I owe them more than that. There are no people that I owe more. More than you. More than me. More than him.

I wish it could be simpler. and we could enjoy and share what we have.

But never doubt that I miss you and love you still.

Anonymous said...

I think your husband might be mine's long lost brother. They are very similar.

If he's happy and content, he isn't likely to change it up or try something different. I would love to swim in the sun, too and maybe even ride a bike.

Why did your pity party make me want to host one of my own? LOL

I'm sorry your hubby doesn't get it. I know all too well how that feels. :(

Anonymous said...

I wish we didn't have this particular thing in common. I wish that so many women with so many wonderful things to offer weren't prisoners in their own lives like we seem to be.

I am hoping that it turns out just the way it's supposed to, for all of us.