Sunday, December 28, 2008

Losing it

My FIL is here for the holidays. And it is stressful.. In fact extra stressful. Since PK is out of work and we are near a breaking point.

Having someone who insists that his schedule is the only one that counts is irritating.

He puts the news paper on the floor in front of the garbage can because that is what he does at home. It doesn't matter that I have a recycling bin.

He talks about the quantity and quality of the food that I make. He doesn't eat these things.

He wants the fruit out on the counter... I am tired of watching it go bad.

He brought his laptop that he can't manage to use and complains that nothing works the way it does at home.

He double checks every single thing that I do. If I tell him how to sort dry beans.... he has to look it up to verify it. VERIFY IT! or he is trying to assure me that I am correct. either way it isn't good.

It is driving me crazy.

I feel bad because he is a widower, but this crap has been going on for 20 years... so my patience is running thin.

Oh, and I haven't had sex with an actual person in about three months. sigh. and have no prospect. sigh again.

At least I get the day almost alone tomorrow. If you count the always irritated teenager who will bitch because she has broken yet another phone.... Another day of silent masturbation for me. Yeah. meh.

No comments: