Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Is it supposed to be this hard?

This mothering of teen age daughter crap is for the birds. Is it normal for you 13 year old daughter supposed to be picked up by the police for graffittiing a public park?

I didn't think so.


Of course your average 13 year old girl isn't supposed to have a shrink, call her mother a whore or come close to flunking out of the 7th grade.

I am horrified.

Luckily the shrink seems as mystified as I am. Otherwise I would think I was insane.

3 comments:

Blissfully Wed said...

Wow. My best to you.

Kristan said...

I can tell you from experience that our kids will go to great lengths to be heard.

I have 3 children...24, 21 and 18....my 24 year old was hard...my 21 year old was a little easier...I understood it all by the time I went through it with my youngest and as much as you probably don't want to hear this, I've got to put it out there.

Her life has to come before your own...I think that's the kind of kid she sounds like...she is going to make sure you see her! She wants to know that she matters more than anything else...and even on those days you don't want to look her..believe me, in the end, she really truely is what matters most.

Just an opinion from someone who's learned alot in the past 24 years.

LushlyMe said...

Thanks Kristin... I keep trying to remind myself that this is her basic nature... she was like this in the womb, I guess I should have assumed it would be like this at 13.